Shoulder pain physiotherapy rehabilitation in London at home or at the practice in Moorgate, Clapham or Belgravia with our specialised physiotherapist. Shoulder pain treatment and shoulder pain exercises.
Shoulder Pain physiotherapy rehabilitation with our orthopaedic physiotherapist in London
Our specialised orthopaedic physiotherapist in London is qualified in treating shoulder joint disorders and has years of experience treating people with shoulder pain, shoulder conditions and working on rehabilitation either after injury or surgery. He is also a qualified personal trainer, so if your shoulder pain is caused by a sports injury or strain, he can help you safely and effectively overcome the pain and return to playing your favourite sport.
If you are an Axa or Bupa patient, you cannot book online. Please call our office with your authorisation number.
If you cannot find an appointment which suits you or would like a home visit, call us or send us a message: we will do our best to find you a slot.
Physiotherapy treatment in London to reduce shoulder pain
Physiotherapy can significantly speed up the rehabilitation process after a shoulder injury and will help strengthen the muscles around the shoulder that support the joint. Specialised exercises will also improve mobility and restore the desired range of motion.
Shoulder pain physiotherapy treatment at home or at the practice in London
London Home Visit Physiotherapy offers treatment both during a physiotherapy home visit in London or at one of your practices, in Belgravia SW1 near Victoria station, Moorgate EC2 near Moorgate station and Liverpool street or in Clapham SW4 near Clapham south Station.
More information about shoulder pain
What causes shoulder pain? Who is affected by shoulder pain?
The shoulder has a wide range of motion and is the most mobile joint in the human body. Shoulder injuries are common amongst people who perform manual labour or people who play sports often, especially contact sports such as rugby, or sports that involve throwing such as bowling, tennis or volleyball. Shoulder pain can also be caused by a non-strenuous repetitive movement or degeneration. This type of pain is more common among middle aged and older people.
The most common shoulder pain conditions are:
- Rotator cuff disorders: disorders that affect the muscles and tendons that stabilise the shoulder joint. This includes rotator cuff tendinitis or bursitis, impingement syndrome, calcific tendinitis and tendon tears
- Frozen shoulder: a painful condition where the tendons, ligaments, and muscles around the shoulder joint stiffen and limit or prevent the joint movement.
- Shoulder instability or dislocation: this can be due to injury or overuse of the joint, which causes hypermobility.
- Osteoarthritis: this is the most common type of arthritis in the shoulder joints and is caused by wear and tear. It usually appears in middle aged people and apart from pain, it can also cause swelling and stiffness.
- Acromioclavicular joint disorders: injuries of degenerative conditions that affect the joint at the top of the shoulder.
- Poor posture: this is a common cause for people who work in offices and spend a lot of time sitting down.
- Problems in other neighbouring areas such as the neck, bicep or upper back, which can cause pain in the shoulder area.
Advice for easing shoulder pain until you start physiotherapy or between sessions.
- Avoid activities that worsen the pain, especially the activities that caused it in the first place.
- Use ice packs while resting to reduce any inflammation
- Take painkillers and anti-inflammatories if necessary
- Be aware of your posture
- Do some basic stretching exercises for your shoulder.
Our physiotherapy and osteopathy treatments are covered by most health insurances and are Bupa registered & recognised (BUPA Global and BUPA UK), Axa registered & recognised (AXA International, AXA PPP), Cigna registered & recognised and WPA registered & recognised
For shoulder physiotherapy appointment in London 0207 125 0262 / 0782 455 3765
If you want to receive news and offers from us