London Sport Injuries physiotherapy rehabilitation
Professional sportive or amateur, you do classic sports: running, skiing, boxing or more extreme sport such as skydiving or surf, it is common that at some point of your training an injury occurs. Some sports injuries result from accidents, others are due to poor training practices, improper equipment, lack of conditioning or insufficient warm up and stretching.
A traumatic injury refers to a high impact contact during a dynamic activity which causes damages
- A sprained join: sprained ankle, knee or wrist.
- A broken bone due to an impact: broken arm, hand, leg or foot
- A dislocated joint: dislocated shoulder or elbow
- A Cruciate ligament injury ACL PCL
- Ankle sprain.
- Groin pull.
- Hamstring strain.
- Shin splints.
- Knee injury: ACL tear.
- Knee injury: Patellofemoral syndrome — injury resulting from the repetitive movement of your kneecap against your thigh bone.
An overuse sport injury is usually
- A tendinitis: tennis elbow (epicondylitis) or golf elbow, Achilles tendinitis or any other overuse tendon of your body
- A muscle strain: quadriceps or calf muscle strain
- A muscle tear
Although virtually any part of your body can be injured during sports or exercise, the term is usually reserved for injuries that involve the musculoskeletal system, which includes the muscles, bones, and associated tissues like cartilage.
For any of this injuries our sport specialised physiotherapist will be able to help you recover as fast as possible, using modern and recognised rehabilitation techniques. Depending on your injury and your lifestyle, the physiotherapist will tailor a rehabilitation program that suits you to help you recover in the best conditions possible to go back to your training safely and in optimal conditions.
In many cases, these types of injuries are due to overuse of a part of the body but also for amateurs to a wrong way of practicing and training. If you want to practice your sport in a safe and secure way, feel free to ask information or to book an appointment with our fitness coach.
We are covered by most health insurances and are Bupa recognised and axa ppp recognised
For home visit physiotherapy call : 0207 125 0262 / 0782 455 3765
If you want to receive news and offers from us